If you are looking for a Dallas criminal defense lawyer, you are in luck. Helms never lost a trial or appeal when he was a federal prosecutor.
A former federal prosecutor John Helms is now offering his legal services in Dallas and surrounding areas with more than 20 years experience. His new website address is https://johnhelms.attorney.
Attorney John Helms has been helping clients, both individuals and major corporations, with
- legal counsel
- tough, diligent and thoughtful trial representation when it matters most.
Whether working as a hard-hitting federal prosecutor, as an appellate lawyer who clerked for the Chief Judge of the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, or successfully representing some of the largest corporations in the country in breach of contract or patent infringement cases, or defending individuals in Dallas facing criminal charges, defense attorney Helms has protected his clients’ legal rights and personal freedom.
Helms’ criminal defense law firm in Dallas includes protecting the rights of clients accused of a wide variety of crimes in state and federal courts in Texas. Among the cases he helps his clients with are;
- Attorney for drug charges: Many people in Texas are arrested for drug-related charges. The state of Texas takes all drug crimes very seriously. Convictions come with an array of penalties. Drug crimes can include the use or selling illegal substances, but one of the most serious drug-related charges is drug trafficking.
- Fraud defense: This crime includes tricking a person or business to obtain money or property. Federal laws make it illegal to use the mail or interstate wires to commit fraud, including sending anything through the US mail, UPS or Fedex. Interstate wire fraud laws cover interstate cell or conventional phone calls, text messages and interstate transmission of electronic data, such as email.
- Violent Crimes/ Assault and homicide defense: The punishment you may receive varies depending on the severity of the crime. In a homicide case a defendant could face many years in prison or even the death penalty. For assault or less serious charges a defendant may face prison time, high fines and/or probation. A felony conviction on your record could prevent future employment and housing opportunities.
- Drunk driving defense: Driving while intoxicated (DWI) arrests can be made when a law enforcement officer believes he or she has probable cause that you are operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of either drugs or alcohol, and based on that they may ask you to take a field sobriety test. Many of these arrests occur after accidents or at roadside checkpoints. If you have been charged with DWI the potential penalties can be quite harsh.
- Immigration defense lawyer: When facing these immigration crimes, defendants and their families face life altering penalties. There could be prison time followed by deportation and removal from the country.
Those living in the Dallas area with questions about
Homicide & Violent Crimes
can find answers about legal issues and can also learn how John Helms can help them by visiting his new website at johnhelms.attorney. If you or a loved one need the help of a Dallas criminal defense attorney, John Helms can be reached at 214-666-8010 https://johnhelms.attorney/john-m-helms/.